All photos and text are property of Dave Forney and may not be used without express permission.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hunting

Yesterday we went out hunting for a Christmas tree. It was a lot of fun, since there's no such thing as real Christmas trees where we live in Indonesia!

Of course, it's not cold there either. And we're still not used to the cold! It didn't take us long to find a tree since we were turning hypothermic within a few minutes! :)

Last week I used a frequent flyer ticket to fly back to Pennsylvania for a few days. In addition to enjoying a thanksgiving dinner and a bit more time with my family before we return to Indonesia, I also had the chance to do a bit of deer hunting with my Dad. If you're one of those that doesn't like hunting, you'll be glad to know that the deer never felt a thing, and is already packaged up in my parent's freezer. It's good eating!

We had a very busy couple of weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, sharing and speaking at our church here in Oregon. We still have one more class we'll be sharing in next week, and then we're hoping to take a "breather" the last few weeks before I head back to Indonesia.


Warning: the next post I do is going to be a bit weird. It goes way back to last May, and a dare from my beautiful wife, Joy. I'm finally getting around to it. That's all I can say. Check back for more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Joy & Dave - what an answer to prayer that you have had a wonderful furlough. Looks like you all did well in the Christmas tree hunt as well as in the deer hunt!
Enjoy your last few weeks with loved ones. We continue to remember your health, Joy in our prayers.

Praying always - Dixie & Lew