All photos and text are property of Dave Forney and may not be used without express permission.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vision Trip

Well, this is a little late, but I thought I’d throw in a few pictures from one of the ministry trips I did last month. In July we had a group of four LeTourneau University students, who are enrolled in the Mission Aviation program, come over here for a vision trip. They spent a week here in Tarakan helping out with various projects around the hangar. They each got the opportunity to ride along with a pilot during a normal operational day. Near the end of their time here, Paul College, my friend and fellow MAF pilot, and I took them interior for three days and two nights. Here's a few of them, along with Paul, and two men from the village, all piled in one canoe!

It was a good chance for them to get into the jungle a bit, experience more of the “interior” culture, food, sights, smells, and the favorite…cold, cold showers from either a bucket or the river. I also brought along all my video equipment, and we had church services each evening that lasted for hours! The people have never had the chance to see films on a screen like that, and they were awed by the experience. It was a great ministry opportunity as well, since I had the chance to share my testimony before the films, and then we had hours to visit with the people about what they’d seen afterwards.

It was a fun couple of days in the villages, and I was glad to have the privilege of bringing along these new, future missionary pilots. Who knows, maybe one day they’ll be serving right here in Tarakan with MAF??

No comments: